Tuesday 9 December 2014

Two right feet

I only managed half of yesterday so I'm grateful it was the best half with beautiful new socks from Jenny, the washing up done for me by Rachel and a jolly time at choir attempting to make a promotional video of ourselves...



Today? Well, I've not noticed an abundance of opportunities to feel grateful so I'm grateful I realise I clearly must try harder!    

I'm grateful I'm home watching TV. There were times when I wasn't sure how I'd get home and, after getting here, when I wasn't sure I'd ever get the TV to work again! I give thanks for the helpfulness of Tesco staff, and for rigorous training at the particular school of life where there is no 'phone a friend' option so you learn to rely on yourself whilst keeping an eye open for anyone who looks like they might have a hint of Samaritan in their genes...

The last few days I've had a lot of ill health related pain so I give thanks that right now I have the sort that comes from hefting awkward objects and confined space contortions - it doesn't hurt any less but it makes me feel so much more tough and strong! I give thanks for the soft mizzly rain this afternoon and the muted greys of the sea and sky. I'm grateful for leftovers for tea and a tank full of hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics