Saturday 13 December 2014

What may be

I give thanks for being home! There are many ways in which my home is far from ideal...but it's a great deal more delightful than railway platforms and waiting rooms on a cold dark and very busy Saturday evening. I give thanks for setting out on my day's journey hopefully and arriving part of the way on time, for not losing anything (including my temper), for stoicism, the money to buy refreshments and some refreshments worth spending it on. I give thanks for the beauty of the winter landscape...particularly for the sunlight painting the very tops of the trees gold as the train dipped into the tunnels and the water coloured estuary slipping by as darkness fell...


Most of all though I give thanks for the chance to participate in Marie's wonderfully warm and friendly 'leaving do', and for all the folk there I got to know a little better there...including, maybe, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics