Monday 1 December 2014

Cross patch

Last night I was grateful for the marvellous film Marvellous - very funny and moving and, remarkably, mostly true!

Today I've not felt very grateful at all, and been a bit of an uncharacteristically crotchety grump. (Oh yes it is uncharacteristic, she snarls aggressively!) Part of it is probably cabin fever, and it would probably have done me good to get out for a bit of contact and interaction, but I've a long and busy day planned for tomorrow so it seemed wise to conserve energy for that, as far as is possible. Actually I've been quite grateful to be able to get on with this mood on my own...and everyone who knows me should be too! 

I'm grateful I'm going to attempt something I've been saying for a few years I can't do any more - partly due to a bloody minded and most un-Buddhist desire to succumb to my desire to do it, and partly because I believe very strongly we shouldn't stay willingly inside our comfort zones or they will shrink to enclose us even more firmly. It involves an early start so I'm grateful that short of starting now, I seem to be mostly ready for departure...

I'm grateful I've done some bits of vacuuming, that I've wrestled some very unco-operative waistband elastic into submission and for Sikkim Girls perfume on my wrists to bury my nose in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics