Thursday 11 December 2014

I cannot lie

I give thanks for all the straws that have slipped through my fingers this week for reminding me not to clutch. When times seem hard we have more learning to do, so I'm grateful for the lessons.

I'm grateful to Linda for taking me to her lovely house for a cup of tea, and to Maddie for cutting my hair at short notice after I realised if I went to the Welsh borders untrimmed I might end up rounding sheep! I'm grateful for the array of tankers in the bay, sheltering from the storm and fascinating me as usual; for their twinkling lights at dusk and for the pinkness of the sky this evening too...

I'm grateful for remembering when you feel like you need a hug and a sympathetic ear, a weep and a sleep can help, though I'm so tired at the moment I'm not so grateful I have to get up and get moving again soon and can't stay here til morning... Talking of which, I'm grateful I remembered to phone for a cab to take me to the station, and that the cab man said he was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics