Sunday 28 December 2014

Sketchy

Some people don't like this time of year but, even though I have little in my life that could be called 'routine', I'm still pretty grateful for the break from it! If I have anything like a plan for the coming months it is to be less purposeful, so I've been appreciating getting some practice in...without trying to do that too much either, if you see what I mean.

I'm grateful that there are still things to eat up so no proper cooking nor even planning of eating has been required; and my hands have been too painful to knit so, although it is a great treat to treat a loved one to a handmade garment, I've been quite grateful not to be measuring my progress with that either.

I often start a jigsaw over Christmas to enhance that sense of amiable idleness so, as I've not one on the go at the moment, I'm grateful I found it fun to while away a couple of hours playing with some cheap crayons. After many years of not doing anything like this I'm grateful to discover I'm sufficiently capable not to frustrate myself but nowhere near talented enough to try to achieve any artistic goal...ideal!


I'm grateful for whiling away the rest of the day looking at cruises...I love it when there's something I can't afford and I realise I don't want it! I think I'm grateful I found an irresistible bargain...ask me again when the balance is due...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics