Tuesday 2 December 2014

Picture place

Well, I tackled the thing that couldn't be done and found that I could do it! Humongous gratitude for that! It took a lot of planning to make it as sit down full and step free as possible so I'm grateful for all the pre-departure work I put it in. I'm also grateful the things I couldn't plan went according to...regarding weather, waterworks, the vagaries of the great British public transport systems and the great British public, who mostly thronged where I was not and were quiet enough to let me nap on trains.

I'm particularly grateful I also stuck to a simple and very effective rule of not succumbing to the 'might as well while I'm here' urge to do anything else but what was on the itinerary, and absolutely NO shopping at all apart from purchases of tasty and nourishing food and drink. It's amazing how tiring looking round even the nicest shops can be, especially if you start to choose and queue...to say nothing of carting round extra baggage!

So yes I ache most resoundingly and am fit for nothing but supper, bath and bed for most of tomorrow, but I got to feast my eyes on some sights I thought I wouldn't by doing some things I thought I couldn't... and am very grateful I did!  I would hazard a guess you won't know where this is, which is why I've chosen it as an illustration. I like to be a woman of mystery!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics