Wednesday 17 December 2014

Partly season

Yesterday I was giving thanks for not having to work...and today I've been grateful I don't have to play! I give thanks for the memories of parties, dancing and staying up late...for dining out when I could eat anything I wanted from the menu and people close by weren't in danger of being impaled on my flailing cutlery. Oh, and clothes... I give thanks for being able to wear a lot less than I do now and neither contracting pneumonia nor mentally scarring the locals.

I give thanks for being able to spend more than twenty four hours mostly horizontal and a goodly portion of that asleep. For watching documentaries in bed on my tablet. For not having to make or partake in chatter.

I give thanks for finally waking up a bit this afternoon and tackling some washing up and cooking up leftovers. I'm grateful for not making any progress on partly finished projects but for starting a small one I was sure I could get done...which is now partly finished too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics