Thursday 18 December 2014

Out reach

It was mild here last night and I gave thanks for being able to have the bedroom window open and listen to the whooshing wind as I turned over and over trying to find the least acheful spot. This afternoon I was grateful the pains subsided and I could get dressed and get down to the sea. I give thanks for the rather surreal experience of passing a nearby house that always puts a big inflatable snowman on their upstairs balcony just as they were blowing it up...so that he seemed to be collapsed over the rail at first but to gradually recover and stand upright. 

This time of year I always want to be out in the countryside away from buildings and people and roads, appreciating nature at the turning of the year, so I'm grateful I live so close to such a wonderful substitute - with so many people on the roads and bustling between buildings it's a very peaceful time to enjoy the rhythm and blues and greys of the shore. I was grateful they had a cherry picker on the walkway to attend to a problem with the lights so I had to walk along the sand in the lightest of mizzly rain - what a treat!


Though it heals my soul, my body protests a lot about being out in the great outdoors and I was grateful for many well positioned vacant seats along my route to rest on. I'm grateful for hunting and gathering a collection of veggie Indian dishes for an easy meal next week...plus a much needed free cup of tea at Waitrose! Since getting home I've been giving thanks for remaining mostly in the feeble position. I'm sure I'll get some more pre-Christmas things done soon...though probably not tomorrow as I've got to go for my pre-Christmas scan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics