Sunday 7 December 2014

Special needs

Last night I was grateful for one of those magical episodes when nothing hurt nor exhausted me. It was such a treat just to make some food, wash up and do a few chores completely forgetting there was anything the matter with me at all! The pain caught up with me later in bed and I was grateful I could see the funny side in there being so many different types in so many different body parts all competing for attention...

Sleep was in short supply so I was grateful I could rise late today, but equally eventually I was grateful I had to get up and get on with things. There's always something that seems to need cleaning (including myself), always something that seems to need creating (including meals) and always some entropy I seem to need to try to keep at bay. To some extent I'd rather be in pain trying to achieve a goal than just lie there thinking about it (both pain and goal) but I'm grateful for all the reminders of what I cannot do, or only so ineptly and inefficiently that more energy is expended than is really worthwhile. I'm grateful for remembering how unimportant most of what we think is, is. We get so caught up in our aims and aspirations, don't we? Or worse still, someone else's...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics