Sunday 21 December 2014

Little extras

I'm not getting on with making Bob's new jumper as quickly as I'd have liked but I give thanks that his bed is made up and I've hunted and gathered gifts and plenty of good things to eat and drink. All the little extra chores of Christmas are really knocking me for six this year so I'm grateful I can revel in the thought he might be persuaded to do some cooking and/or washing up while I knit a few more rows...as he's a better chef than jumper maker!

I give thanks that my water can't be metered here so that I can soak and double boil my veggies the way a good little renal patient should without wincing...and console myself about their unappealing limpness with long hot fragrant baths

I give thanks I eventually got the top off a new roll on deodorant - was beginning to work quite a sweat up trying! Also for not fainting in Waitrose where I'd thought I must sit down...and then queued forever for a free pot of tea to do it with!

I give thanks for Jenny calling to say she'll be at the library tomorrow and can give me a life home...a bit less plodding or paying for taxis will be very welcome... Also for extending my plod today to see the sun shining on the cliffs at the other side of the bay. I always seem to have more energy for shoreline than shops!


I give thanks for two short films which reminded me both of my own good fortune, and of the great goodness there is to be found in the world if you look in the right places

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30515800

http://twistedsifter.com/videos/dog-without-3d-printed-legs-runs-for-first-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics