Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas special

I'm grateful I've been grateful for lots of things the last twenty four hours! I give thanks for a lovely tea last night of "taken away" veggie Indian dishes, and for the film we grudgingly decided would be OK to keep an eye on while we ate thoroughly enthralling us so that when we put our plates down we just sat there. It's rare for either of us to just watch the screen, not crafting or fiddling or tapping a keyboard, and its rare for either of us to want to see something prime time and mainstream but the combination of Sam Mendes' visual magic with a classic formulaic adventure story (chase with spilled merchandise in a souk, fight on a train roof, munched baddie, crashed helicopter etc) made Skyfall the best kind of "Christmas special". I'm grateful a dash of Scottish scenery and Ola Rapace even made up for Daniel Craig for me and I'm grateful we hadn't known it was so good or we'd have seen it at the cinema and spoiled the surprise...

I'm grateful for a long lie in today and a late bacon butty breakfast made for me, for lots of thoughtful gifts some of which were exactly what I wanted, and some I didn't realise I wanted until I unwrapped them, and some of which I'd said I wanted and forgotten about so I'm grateful someone else remembered! I'm grateful for a buffet tea this evening which means hardly any cooking again and not much washing up either,  always a special treat too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics