Monday 12 September 2011

OMG!

I just saw a proper GP! One who listens, looks at your previous notes for relevant information, examines you thoroughly, makes sensible decisions and takes appropriate action. Of course, after all this I had to explain that falling off my chair wasn't part of the problem! Seriously though, I know I'm a whingey bitch where doctors are concerned but after today's consultation I remembered why. I remembered what it's supposed to be like. You're supposed to feel that someone who knows better than you is taking care of you aren't you? I've racked my brains and I can't remember the last time it felt like that seeing a doctor. Much gratitide for the experience at last!

I also give thanks for the lovely weather I experienced. It was bright albeit blustery and not too cold when I left and by the time I came out of the surgery the wind had died down and it was actually really warm and pleasant enough for a cuppa outside.

Finally today I express gratitude for an exchange in a 2008 musical interview I've just watched with Glen Tilbrook and Chris Difford from Squeeze. Chris was asked if having contentment and everything going well in your life actually made song writing harder. He replied (laughing of course) that he'd never had that so he didn't know! Classic...

2 comments:

  1. Well done, i am so happy for you meeting a real doctor at last.xxx Hope they can get you sorted out at last.
    Thinking of you, love Deb.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why I couldn't see my GP today, he was in Devon!
    Sorry Angel joking aside, I am thrilled to bits that your surgery either has at least one doctor who still cares, or it was a locum that you saw who cares wherever he is. We had a young chap recently, young handsome, slightly coloured who was attached to our surgery for his GP rotation and mentored by my GP; he is now doing locum work wherever it takes him, he is one Dr I will always be happy to see, and not just because he is young and handsome, though it helps! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics