Sunday 11 September 2011

All work and no play

This morning I give thanks that I managed to stay awake til the end of X Factor last night. I don't mean to imply it was boring, it's just I was so tired! I tried watching an episode of Come Dine With Me I'd recorded afterwards but try as I might I could not get past the pudding without dozing off until the credits were rolling and thus missing the score. I rewinded it twice and the same thing happened and next thing I knew it was past midnight and I still hadn't amended my Tesco order for today to include fish fingers...I've been hammering that packet this week so it was essential I roused myself enough for that! In writing this paragraph I stopped to check something and discovered that both the BBC and ITV catch up systems have finally sorted something out with non apple android systems (or vice versa) so we can watch their progs properly on our less mainstream devices. Second gratitude of the day for that!

Of course after missing most of the evening in the land of nod I was then awake most of the night finding horror stories on the internet about people dragged from chemo wards and even hospice beds to come for work assessments...of people dying in poverty and distress before their appeals were heard. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the idea of less able people working, it would be good to be of some use to someone and less of a burden on society but there's only a few unpredictable hours a week I'm capable of doing anything more than essentials and so few actual jobs I'd be able to do. I had to give up volunteer work as I couldn't guarantee being well enough to be in the right place at the right time. Most days I can't get somewhere local to do something for leisure and let's face it if I was well enough for work I'd be playing wouldn't I?

Laura was trying to cheer me up yesterday by telling me things I could do for a job...like thinking up names for paint colours. I'm going to check if there's any vacancies in my areas right now, ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think that they are trying to get the numbers down, the hospice lady came the other day and was trying to get me to come off hospice care, i said i was too scared to come off incase i couldnt get a place back on it again.... i have stage 4 lung cancer and things can change really fast when they do change i am not sure i would get back on quick enough to use them for help.
    She said ok if you want to stay on hospice you can but i wonder if she was trying to get her numbers down.
    My hip and leg is aching so much, they recommended more morphine tablets but was so spaced out couldnt take the extra amount.
    Keep strong, love Deb.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, you could already have a job but just haven't realised it. You could easily be a short story writer for 'The Lady' magazine. I find myself just HAVING to sign in to your blog at least twice a day, its compulsive reading, regardless of anything else that I have to do, but your blog comes first everytime.
    Patxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics