Friday 9 September 2011

Slow, slow, slow-slow, slow

I guess you've all been looking out your windows or over your shoulders today thinking ‘Where is everyone?’ They’re all here in Devon I think, flocking into the shops and cafes I tried to visit and many of them on my train home! Took more than five hours to do the round trip albeit with little sidetracks here and there!

Anyway, Dr Hilton was lovely...I’d forgotten how pleasant and helpful junior doctors can be. I don’t know if it’s years of dealing with bureaucracy and the great British public that wears them down or if they actually take exams in condescension and insulting behaviour to become consultants! As soon as I arrived at reception my notes were delivered to him and a couple of minutes later he came to get me...now that's the kind of service I like! Practically the first thing he said however was ‘I thought you were coming yesterday!’ And I had to explain that I did too until someone rang me up on Wednesday afternoon and said I’m missed my appointment that morning, and he was as mystified as I was. See! You were beginning to wonder if I’d been confused weren’t you?...so was I, ha ha! Anyway whatever, he gave my ear a very vigorous and rather painful vacuuming (yes, I know that's not the technical term but it's actually what they're doing!)  and thinks it will be OK if I keep on using the drops for a bit but to see the doc again for another referral if not. Clearly a man with a sense of humour!

Third gratitude of the day for the very slow but very pretty bus ride...

Fourth for the almost quicker mist that’s just rolled up from the sea...

Fifth for not being able to get some of the shopping I’d intended and there being no taxis left when I got to the rank so my bag was light enough to go for a restorative cuppa at the outdoor cafe instead and make my own way (slower than both the above) back up the hill.

My story will have to wait for now but I won’t forget, I promise

2 comments:

  1. Put your feet up Angel, you deserve it!! Glad to know your young 'Hilton' proved worth waiting for and hopefully he has sorted the ear problem out. Still looking forward to your story.........
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, we did not think you got it wrong at all, and I am glad that Dr Hilton belonged to the human race and met with your approval. Lets hope that it did the trick and you do not have to make another appointment. The weekend is upon us again already, rain forcast here for the whole of it, so I guess I will be leaving the outside paint untouched and looking at another dreckly job instead. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend Angel, and do not suffer too much from the rigours of your five hour jaunt. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics