Friday 16 September 2011

On a clear day...

This evening I give thanks for the bright warm sunshine. It was intermittent but although I wasn't out long I was able to enjoy it more than most because of the slomo itsy bitsy little baby steps I take these days!

I'm grateful for choosing (eventually) the cheapest mop in town to wipe my floors and attempt to clean the muck off my third floor double glazed windows. I've tried all kinds of ways and there's no way I can reach the outside of the top ones apart from with those magnetic things that are too strongly magnetic for me to operate now but the £1.10 (yes...one pound ten pence!) mop I got did the botton ones adequately. The top ones seem really scummy on comparison now but hey ho, I'm not tall enough to have to look straight through them!

I'm grateful for the funny things I found on the internet while having a rest like the demographic correlation of biscuit preferences http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog/2011/jul/18/sun-readers-love-pink-wafers and a quiz about chocolate bars http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/can-you-identify-these-chocolate-bars--1316086307-slideshow/ Best to check the links out on a full stomach or you'll be reaching for the snacks!

And lastly, whilst on the subject I would like to express thanks for my delicious dinner. There's a thing I make with aubergines sometimes that goes astonishingly well with oven chips. I don't do it often so each time I do I think...no that can't be right but it certainly is! And both went very well with the lovely fresh runner beans from Heidi's vegetable patch...followed by the last of the rhubarb I stewed the other day.

Now I must lie down to put my eardrops in...great excuse ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics