Monday 19 September 2011

Down time

Thanks for the jar opening tip Pat. For anyone else like me with limited hand coordination...try putting the jar in the sink and pouring hot water over as the metal expands and if you wrap a tea towel round it quick it twists off with hardly any effort at all...

Last night I dreamt they were preparing me for burial but I decided as it was a nice day I'd wait til I was dead! It's not a particularly nice day here now I've woken up but I'd like to hang on a little while as I've still got a few things yet to do.

After my last post I had a shower and put my pjs on before it was properly dark...oh the delicious decadence of it! I watched X Factor and marvelled at how loved everybody was. All that hugging and kissing and tears of joy and pride! I love it that other people know what love is like even if it's just something they remember from long ago when they were little. It's very odd not having a clue and you can make some tragic mistakes about other people's intentions if you don't and be vulnerable to exploitation and abuse right into adulthood...

After that I watched Ben Fogle and Hugh Dennis drive some very silly roads in Peru. I've been a passenger as others drive on some pretty silly roads in my time...Morocco and Crete spring to mind...and it brought them all back. My jaw dropped like the canyons they were skirting and my hands gripped the cushions as tenaciously as their wheels gripped the precarious side of the road!

So gratitude that others have love, for being generous with my 'down' time even on days when I'm barely 'up' and for memories of motoring adventures even though they terrified me at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics