Thursday 8 September 2011

Big up the big top

Tonight I give thanks to the Netherlands national circus for coming to town and for Laura for taking me there...a variety of great acts, even the clown was OK and I'm not really a clown fan. The trick cyclist was very clever and I particularly liked the juggler with his boomeranging spinning hats while the trapeze stuff was downright scary! There was a really warm friendly atmosphere and the tent itself was lush with a foyer with refreshments, proper seats and lighting and a real band playing the accompaniments. Coming to a town near you maybe and heartily recommended! I love that we never grow out of the wonder of watching people perform and they never stop wanting to amaze us. They said television would be the death of the circus, the ban on performing animals and the internet...but it's still going and long may it do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics