Friday 9 September 2011

What's his name?

This morning someone popped by from New Zealand (visited my blog I mean) and I noticed and wondered who I'd been talking to about New Zealand recently, I mean very recently, like in the last few hours... was puzzling for a minute or two and then I remembered it had been in my dream! It made me wonder whether to call this post 'down under' but wasn't sure if that name applied to just Australia.

When I googled the phrase of course there were links to the band Man at Work and that reminded me of a guy I went to art college with whose first major job was photographing them on tour after ‘Down Under’ was released. I was only at art college a term as I found out I was pregnant just after I started and I never saw him after I left though I did keep in touch with another fellow student for some years and he did keep in touch with whatever his name was so he gave me updates.
This all reminded me of a story that everyone who knows me has probably heard but you lot don’t know me so might enjoy...but it would help if I could remember the guy’s name and all I that I could recall was that we used to call him Big Dave! I knew what he looked like and where his parents used to live but that wasn’t much help even though he became quite well known in his own sphere of work. So I’ve been involved in a trawl of the internet trying to find out and now I have...and now I’ve got to check someone else’s name out and the name of a TV programme because they are verifiable too but have run out of time before going for my appointment even if I do find the details!

This morning I give thanks for being relatively alert and well to start the day.

I’m grateful that I have a story to tell even though I haven’t told it yet, and for the purposefulness of the research involved. I just hope you think it’s worth the build up and wait when you finally get to read it!

3 comments:

  1. Hope the appointment goes well Angel....

    Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story later on :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, we your cyber friends never tire of reading your blog, even when your down in spirit, you always seem to find something to make your followers smile.
    Apart from the gender change, you remind me of Spike Milligan in the way you write, a smile round every corner.
    I so look forward to reading the results of your research. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, reading that last piece of blog you have put me back in Aussie and Men at Work were at the top of the Aussie charts then, early 1980's I think. I had a working hol that spread to two years, absolutely fab darling!! Can't wait to read your update/story.
    Hope you appt went well?
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics