Thursday 1 September 2011

It'll all come out in the wash...

Well I know there was something today to make me smile but struggling to remember what! We all have days when the best laid plans turn out to be rotten eggs, and the souffle sinks and smells bad. I have had a day of delays and difficulties and disappointments. Nothing major really, and I needed a challenge or two to take my mind off the pain but I've spent hours travelling round with my bus pass looking for a particular colour dye for my sun-faded living room curtains. And finally when, I get some and get home, and open the washing machine door... The curtains have changed colour in the wash (the dirt coming out maybe?) and the dye colour I've tracked down is going to come out all wrong! Oh well, just have to wait for the sun to fade them again I guess... Wonder how much they'll shrink...

Anyway the little bits of gratitude are for...drum roll.....

The sight of surfers running towards the waves with boards under their arms

The little dog running towards them just as excited to get a ball

The bit of battered cod I ate while watching them (I like fish OR chips from the chip shop, both is a bit too much stodge for me)

The deep soft surging roar of the surf, you can hear it from here. I love it!

Going into Lidl's on the industrial estate earlier desperate to grab something to drink and finding a 19p bottle of water and no queue at the till



3 comments:

  1. I agree with watching the surfers but my eyes wouldn't necessarily be watching their boards he he!! And cod roe for me from the chippy, delish. Hope yr feeling bit brighter. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living near St Agnes and Perranporth, both surfing meccas (a lot of them surf for the government, having moved here specially to do so), I find it impossible to relax on the cliff tops or the beach, I always find myself 'counting heads' so never go when the surf is up. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time anyone dare brave these waters up North is when their doing it for charity purposes!!! Hence we have lovely deserted beaches and that suits me fine :)))
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics