Friday 16 September 2011

On the up

Before I think of anything else to ramble on about today I would just like to make it clear I've nothing against crisps per se...let me loose on a bag on kettle chips I'll show you...in fact, thinking about it, I love them so much I'm going to make them my first gratitude of the day! I just don't think I should show you because I firmly believe crisp eating ought to be either done in unison with others participating in the experience or a kept as a solitary private pleasure! And you can make of that what you will...

The bits that hurt and the bits that don't work have been keeping me in bed this morning. I'll have to get up eventually though as there's not much scope for any more 'dreckly' round here Pat! As I get gradually feebler less and less gets done today and more and more awaits tomorrow, next week, sometime, never...and that's just the stuff I'd like to do, never mind the things I'd like to be done if you get my meaning on the difference. I did wonder about getting a taxi down to the shops and back to get some ribbon for the new curtains and a mop to clean the windows with but it's swings and roundabouts on that one as if I got the things I'd probably be too tired to use them! Never mind...I enjoyed listening to a conversation between neighbours in the gardens below. Nothing special, just chit chat about weather and which of the terrace dogs don't get on...but I like hearing the neighbouring humans get on. There are some nice people live in the terrace and I give thanks for that too.

I feel the area's improved since I bought the place and as I've improved the place I bought hopefully I've cancelled out the downturn in property prices. I hope so! I want Bob to get something out of it. I didn't get so much as a tea towel when my mother died and neither did Bob, as I'd been written out of the will for being a bad daughter and I guess they thought I'd passed this gene of unworthiness on. You may query where I got it from? My father died when I was still a child but received wisdom was that he was verging on saintly therefore I have my suspicions ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Angel, family ties are not always strong, I guess in my case it's the age difference between me (the eldest) and my two sisters born 10 & 12yrs later. But neither of them have been in communication with me for most of our adult lives, and believe me, I have tried, sisterly love just ain't there! You have such insight and a gentleness that comes through in your writing, I cannot see you having ever been a bad person, maybe its just the fact that you do not suffer fools gladly, that set you( and I) apart from our families. My daughter has been closer since my surgery and I give thanks for that. She doesn't visit weekends thogh she might actually phone. I have a busy charity running life, have a few close friends, but like you, hate both long & normal weekends. Have almost finished my outside house painting, but have hit a 'dreckly' barrier for the moment, and its not just the weather! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics