Saturday 3 September 2011

I give thanks five

I'm still here...just been having a busy day. Laura offered to take me shopping for decorating materials and, like most women I've known, had a good deal more stamina for it than I! I like getting new things as much as anyone...especially things for craft projects and home improvements but, especially in big stores on a Saturday, after about an hour or so my default setting tends to be 'Oh, I can't be bothered anymore...let's go home and have a cup of tea!'and as in the past I've usually been with someone even less keen than I, home we have come with no further delays.

I give thanks for Laura for taking me in the first place and encouraging me to shop on and on and on. This really was especially kind as I'd forgotten my purse so at least temporarily she had to foot the bill!

I give thanks for the stall selling all kinds of pretty flowers at three bunches for a fiver...yes, she advanced me cash for non-essentials too!

I give thanks for the lovely replacement doorknobs for the lounge which will not grab sleeves and cause the arms inside them to drop what they were carrying...For the lovely fabrics with which I'm going to trim my new plain (full length) curtains.

I give thanks for Dulux Ecosense paint. Fairly ecologically sound paint at a fairly non scary price.

and I give thanks for the quick but scrummy tea I just made rejuvenating an assortment of rather tired veg with garlic, ginger, cashew nuts and tamari.


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the 'quick' teas are the bestest and tastiest ones ever.
    I love Tamari - excellent stuff :)

    Flowers @ 3 bunches for a fiver! Amazing, I'd be lucky to find one bunch here for a fiver....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i've got door handles like that....nearly catapult you to the other side of the room when you get caught in one!!!, I went shopping today too and picked out what I thought was a lovely black & green jacket, then Derek asked me when do I start my new job in Asda!!! needlless to say it went straight back on the hanger, hope you have a good nights sleep now your ear is better, take care,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics