Monday 5 September 2011

Casting off

Thanks Lynn...yes I am a bit of an unhappy bunny at the moment, I'm sorry to say. I’ve nothing against autumn but the sense of summer coming to an end and all the things I haven’t been able to do, places I haven’t been able to get to and people I haven’t seen. Please don’t anyone say there’s always next year, OK?

It’s not all gloom and doom though is it? A new series of Coach Trip has just started...and a new one of QI to begin on Friday. I can’t pass judgement on the latter yet but Coach Trip is proving as hilarious as ever...much gratitude for that. The wetsuit and canoe thing on Friday’s episode...so funny!  It’s not just silly either  - without Coach Trip I’d never have learnt about indoor skydiving and seen how many different sorts of people thought it was the best thing they’d done. And if I hadn’t done that Bob wouldn’t have had such a great Christmas present!

I also give thanks for my cooking! It’s developed in isolation like some species on a distant isle, so probably would only please me...but please me it does. I’m very grateful I started making one of my favourites – a dhalish lentil stew with veg in yesterday so I can enjoy it tonight. I’m going to eat it now watching a programme which begins with Melvyn Bragg in Torquay...culture shock all round I should think! *

And I’m pleased to report I’ve finished knitting all the pieces for the big blanket.  Just got to finish putting them together now.

* actually poppadums proved much too noisy to eat while watching TV with blocked ear so the programme had to wait! Lab results have shown some sort of fungus apparently...charming, and I think a bit of a swizz to get a fungal ear infection when no longer allowed to swim!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a lovely night of tv.x I enjoy those programs that for a short while transport you to places you would never get to see.
    I have been thinking lately that it doesnt matter what memories you have, that when our time comes we will start again in the next life with blank pages so they are of no use to us, what we have done or not done are only things.
    I really love this time of year and look forward to Autunm... Halloween is my favorite day of all.
    I have a lot of props and home made coffin(by my lovely husband) ditto gravestones.... All ofv the local children have a great time looking at the display and the toffee apples i try and make.
    I am sorry to hear that you are still in pain.
    Thinking of you, love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics