Wednesday 21 September 2011

Sunny side up

Phew...it's hard work being ill you know! I'm grateful I got up eventually as otherwise the sun would have been in my eyes...

I'm grateful I saw all those old family pictures. They stirred up some mostly happy memories and fantasies of being welcomed back into a corner of the fold. I did some exclaiming out loud and later sent an email to my cousin but no reply as yet and I also did some Lynn style detective work and found that Timmy is now Tashi but a monk no more.

In the course of my investigations I remembered I've got a Tibetan monk chanting CD. I'm grateful for that as I can take it to listen to if I ever get that bleeping scan. That's me swearing not describing the noise the machine makes. It makes strange and scary sounds...I've used the chanting before and it blends in quite well.

I'm grateful I made spinach and filo pie because it's so easy and so nice and one of those things I can't resist eating and thus worth the minimal effort required. It's a fancy pants one pot meal really, isn't it? I'm grateful I remembered that Tesco call their fresh sheets 'fillo' pastry so have been able to order some more because the website's not clever enough to know what you mean if you spell it with one 'l'...

And I would also like to express thanks to Bill Bryson especially for making me lol while I was lolling under the covers earlier on!

2 comments:

  1. Pleased your trip down memory lane was a pleasant one, and I hope your cousin Adam replies to your e-mail, nothing worse than feeling like you've wasted your time. I'll have to take your word for it that a Tibetan chanting monk sounds better than your 'bleeping scan', i've no idea what that sounds like ( the monk I mean ) Enjoy your pie, I could just eat something nice but can't decide what, anyway it's way past my bed so i'll do without, night night :))
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, love spinach and fil(l)o pie :)

    Glad you've found something to listen to for when you do get that scan organised.
    I got a fit of the giggles last time I had the MRI - I suddenly realised exactly how noisy it really was, then for some reason got a vision of old Dr Who type Daleks clunking towards me...I laid there trying really hard to suppress my fit of silliness - it made it all go a bit faster anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics