Wednesday 28 September 2011

Here comes the sun

It's been up for a while now, and beginning to disperse the mist. My windows were still too fogged up to see out of at first and I had to swing them open to look. The sun had not long cleared the trees in the communal gardens and the rays seemed to hit me horizontally...and surprisingly warm! I can see the little town across the river now, and the sea though still veiled and soft focussed. I am so happy I live somewhere I can experience and appreciate these wonderful things even when I can't physically be outside.

After the acupuncture, a short walk and a big meal I slept well...from about 8 pm on the sofa! And then after a shower and move to bed I slept a lot more! Less pain and didn't need to take anything for it. I think for now the antibiotics are working...great!

It's dawned on me (unintentional pun) that some of you don't know what 'metta' means...hmm, can I explain? It's the mindful practice of compassion, warmth and well being to all sentient beings. I'm not a 'proper' practicing Buddhist but it's not necessary to give it a go and practice makes perfect eh? You're supposed to direct this loving kindness in stages...to yourself, to those close to you, to those you don't know and even to those you don't like but I tend to forget the first part and have to go back and start again, ha ha! It's a good feeling anyway...highly recommended for calming the mind before sleep, in physical distress or cross with people who don't seem to practice it themselves, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics