Sunday 18 September 2011

Afternoon delights

I give thanks for the sound of the steam trains' whistles and the sight of all the different boats and ships that moor in or pass through the bit of bay I can see from my bedroom window. I once spent a Christmas day here too ill from chemo to do anything but throw up and empty my sick bowl and nephrostomy bag and every time I sat up to do these things I saw the lovely view and wished myself Happy Christmas. The view from the bedroom window was a big deciding factor in buying my flat though I had no idea at the time how important it would become to me. The view from the other windows isn't bad...if they were the best views you wouldn't complain but the bedroom view is so pretty it looks 'composed' if you know what I mean. I have never ever not felt grateful for it every time that I see it, sometimes even now I still give a little gasp of delight if it's looking especially appealing...the light on the sea maybe, especially moonlight.

I give thanks that despite not having a box, or packet, or tin, the egg poaching thingies I bought did exactly what they said on the label and poached an egg just right and put it on my toast no bother!

I give thanks that in between doing very little I've managed to do a little a lot. And I give thanks that I'm still here even tho I have to admit at times it's beginning to be extremely hard work....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics