Tuesday 27 July 2021

Substitute

I give thanks it was the magician's assistant who did my phone triage today. Unlike her superior she seems to grasp that though these calls are for the good of my health and fine tune my ongoing care, waiting for (to say nothing of receiving!) test results every week can be invasive and anxiety making so keeps things brief, while still finding time for a few welcome words of encouragement. I guess most of the time it goes without saying...or there's no one to say it...but I really appreciate being told things like 'You're doing really well, you know' 'So glad to hear you sounding so cheerful' or 'Great that you're doing something nice later, you deserve it'! I give thanks that the pills are continuing to work, albeit slowly, so slowly the dosage is dropping down...and eventually this too will pass.

I give thanks most of the items I ordered from Sainsbury's were on the non empty shelves, and nothing 'essential' missing... For being well aware we are mostly spoilt and spoilt for choice and little we buy is essential. Both of Mima's healthy choices were out of stock so I give thanks for suggesting she came over and shared some fish and chips with me instead. For it being a good evening for it with the unsettled weather helping keep the pesky visitor revelry down, and those pesky steroids keeping my potassium levels low as well. I know - mega bonus eh? But no, for all the joys of a freedom from renal dietary restriction I'll be sincerely grateful when this course of treatment ends and (I sincerely hope!) I start to feel like my normal self again instead of this strange imposter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics