Saturday 3 July 2021

Pottery

I give thanks for the day of peaceful pottering my inner doctor ordered. For little sessions at lots of things and a lot more nothing at all, so that I've enjoyed both the physical benefit of rest and the psychological blessing of feeling I've moved towards some goals. For a good appetite and good things to eat including some yummy home made (some time ago) dal discovered in the freezer...and crumble topping (made this afternoon!) to make a comforting pudding from odds and ends of fruit. 

I give thanks for the peacefulness of a day without conversation, apart from the virtual kind...and talking to myself, the plants and occasionally tennis players on TV of course! For finally getting to see young Emma play - my goodness me she's a star! For catching Coco in some brilliant doubles too. Don't usually enjoy the women's draw as much as I have this year. I give thanks for all the streams on iplayer and for BT making my capped internet unlimited when a certain virus first swept the world. 

I give thanks for better weather than there might have been both for drying washing on a rack indoors and for the various sorts visitors... but also for the County Show maybe luring some of them away so I've not felt invaded just looking out of the window. Oh and for an afternoon nap - such a treat these days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics