Tuesday 13 July 2021

Spheroid

I give thanks I've witnessed the effects of serious steroids on other folks' appearances and know eventually I'll be able to look in the mirror again and recognise who I am. Never considered it my finest feature but I'd grown accustomed to my face... 

I give thanks for 'passing' my liver function tests again with the elevated enzymes enough diminished for another reduction in dose. For more sleep last night, though it began on the sofa just after my tea so ended in bed in the unfortunately very small hours. For rest and meditation til it began to get light and for a encouragingly busy day since. This was partly through being wired and tired of course, and partly through fear relaxing might lead to an ill timed nap, but also due to generally genuinely feeling on the mend despite still some way to go...and I'm extremely grateful for that.  For hearing from my dear friend in the north who is also having problems with palliative care but is hanging in there with good humour.

I give thanks for reminding myself we're all just tiny scurrying things on an insignificant planet...and reminding myself to paddle... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics