Saturday 31 July 2021

Beaten

I give thanks though Friday night I wasn't right, Saturday has been batter! For refusing to be beaten when my stick mixer broke while attaching the whisk to make pancakes for my breakfast...for my hands being less crampy and more or less managing the job...and my new frying pan being the biz! For the seahorse hiding in the last drips from the jug...


For the delicious feeling of not having to be anywhere at any particular time and, due to aforementioned co-operative digits, spending a goodly bit of the day mosaic making with music and artsy chat from Loose Ends in the background. I don't recall much sense of comfort and safety as a child, but sometimes in Miss Baker's infant class she read us a story while we played with Plasticine and it sure does do me good to recreate that now and then. 

I give thanks for cathartic tears when Rachel sent me a link to a blessing song she thought I might like to hear/learn/sing/record for a virtual choir. For acknowledging and honouring the emotions (like many other folk) I keep inside as there's no one to express them to...for the late afternoon sun lighting on my Buddha and reminding me nothing really matters anyway.

I give thanks for wearing a favourite dress even though only I got to see it. For thinking my cheeks are slightly less chubby. I may be kidding myself but even if it's a delusion it improves my mood so I'm grateful anyway. I'm no oil painting, but if I were I'd prefer it to be in portrait rather than landscape format! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics