Monday 19 July 2021

Motoring

I give thanks for being late home for some pleasing reasons. First of all there was a pre-arranged change of route through the city so I could pop to a couple of shops in a retail park on the way - paying the excess fare myself of course as the council doesn't subsidise this kind of therapy! I figured they'd be unusually quiet given the weather and relaxation of restrictions - and I'm very grateful I was right - while having the meter running cut out any inclination to aimlessly wander the aisles. For Goldilocks syndrome in the clothing store so, though I came out empty handed, I was still grateful I'd not ordered one (or both) of the wrong sizes on line and had to negotiate returns. For getting just what I went for in the other....

I give thanks earlier in the day my taxi driver had taken a fare to a nearby large hotel with gardens and grounds, and had seen rows of every incarnation of Austin-Healey in the car park there while the owners attended a convention...and for him taking me on extra (free) detour to see!

I give thanks for another glorious day weatherwise, and for managing to fit in a little sit in the sun before setting off for hospital today. For it being several days since my monthly renal blood tests and no one saying I should be tightening up adherence to dietary rules so I could enjoy some crackers with a smidge of cheese as I sat gazing out at the beautiful early evening. For the half moon hanging in the sky looking like it's made of lace...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics