Sunday 11 July 2021

Double

I give thanks for a the return of some liveliness after being so dozy yesterday. Shame it kicked in at 2am but I had Rooibos and biscuits and read a book rather energetically, and after a bit more kip still had some gusto to get busy in the kitchen before sleepiness caught up with me again.  

I give thanks for managing to get properly dressed so I could not only take my rubbish out and parcels in but pop across the road to say hello to the sea. For the little involuntary sigh of unwinding I always give when I do...and for the rain just starting and pre football prep already in full swing so that there was hardly a soul on the sea wall or sand, enhancing my pleasure in fresh air and far reaching views. 

I give thanks for enjoying the first of the two finals that interest me (men's singles at Wimbledon in case you didn't know!) and mixed doubles (my second favourite) not long started. For the close packed tennis schedule these last few weeks coinciding with a time of low energy and much need to lie down...but also for looking forward to the TV having less allure and getting on with other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics