Thursday 1 July 2021

Far

I give thanks feeling feeble's so much easier in the summer time - you don't even need a dressing gown! For bed to sofa seeming quite far enough for much of the day, and a variety of very enjoyable tennis matches to make lounging around no trouble at all. For also completing a few useful tasks while mostly horizontal including making arrangements with Jo re spare keys and Quorn bacon, and with renal dietitians re prescription soup and dessert. For also making a start on repacking a hospital bag...just in case, you know! 

I give thanks for a well planned and timed minor excursion later to shops across the road and the newish poshish chip shop around the corner to try out some of their scampi. I was not only the first in the queue, but the only one in it, and as it was my first visit too it seemed polite to chat while they prepared my little packet. Turns out they'd come here from a part of Wales I once knew well...and while we swapped names unpronounceable to the uninitiated I ended up with some freebies making more of a meal than a snack. I give thanks I've thus avoided cooking supper! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics