Wednesday 30 June 2021

Training

I give thanks for a sunny start to the day here. I seem to have become embroiled in a manic mission to sort out every corner of my existence while it carries on...which is useful, and rewarding, but rather fatiguing too... so, grateful as I am for progress, I was also grateful to make myself head out early and leave the tasks alone. For arriving at the station well before I needed to as I figured (correctly) the quietest sunniest seats in town might be there. For the visual glories of the commute along the coast and estuary, and a delightfully calm semi-emptiness in the city where I slowly ambled about both familiar parts and new. For a takeaway crepe for a pre-lunch snack and another quiet empty seat to eat it. 

I give thanks for good tennis to watch, and good staff to watch over me. For gradually training myself to collect the dirty washing up on a different piece of worktop. It's not nearly so visible there and as a result the kitchen seems much cleaner and tidier with no extra cleaning and tidying at all. I give thanks I'm sure I'll appreciate the new arrangement even more when the kitchen itself is new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics