Monday 7 June 2021

Showy

Yay, I heard the Chinooks this morning in time to go to the window and watch! Three of them flying low along the coastline...what a thrill! I missed the President's Ospreys later as I was in the wrong part of the city but, having seen photos of them this evening, I realised I saw a couple flying in close formation a month or two ago when I was on the top deck of a bus. I was like 'What on earth?' and looked around to see if any of the other scattered passengers were gawping in wonder. Nope, just me! Despite having no idea what I'd witnessed I felt very blessed to have done so...

I give thanks though I got too chilled again to have a nap during treatment, I fell fast asleep as soon as I wrapped myself in blankets at home. I was grateful to my system for shivering away trying valiantly to raise my temperature but it was a losing battle as a light breeze chilled my blood as it wandered round in tubes outside my body, and simply wore me out. Being underweight doesn't help but eating is still a challenge, so I give thanks I've resolved to take a hat and a quilt on Wednesday, and have asked if the dietician can offer me any of the build up drinks and desserts I've seen other patients offered when they're not eating well.

I give thanks for waking up to some excellent tennis match replays from the day at Roland Garros. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics