Wednesday 9 June 2021

Winning

I give thanks some folk on North Uist shared a hefty lottery win at the start of last year. Good fortune couldn't land in the laps of more practical and hard working folk, but I won an hour of wonderful scenery from the top of the Scottish Isles and was very grateful for that as I curled up on the sofa when I got home. 

I give thanks for taking a quilt so I didn't get the shivers, though I didn't get the snooze I thought I would so, snuggled up comfy under it at home, it's been a struggle not to claim it.

I give thanks for remembering an unopened box of nice Turkish delight from Bob last night and finding nibbles of that go down when nothing else will do. For almost a banquet before I left for hospital - a scrambled egg and a little slice of buttered seeded rye bread - and for creating something I might eat later, if not maybe tomorrow. 

I give thanks for Peter cheering me up on the drive back by taking a tiny detour to see if we could see for free the rhododendrons in the castle park. Only one or two, but it's so splendid to see those majestic grounds even for a minute. Then a little further on there were people by the railway line clearly waiting for the steam train, and as the road was about to diverge from the tracks he mock grudgingly turned off on the road less travelled by taxi drivers so I could enjoy that too. So lovely to see a different view or two! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics