Wednesday 2 June 2021

Wayward

I was grateful to Sasha Zverev for fitting his match today so neatly between when I arrived on the sofa and when I had to leave for the hospital! 

For feeling rather better this afternoon, and remembering feeling better still last week. It's been a murky afternoon and the staff had plenty of ventilation going so in the end, dressed for a summer afternoon on the unit, I had to huddle under a pile of blankets. Then when matron came to take me off the machine I was running a temperature so have had to do an extra Covid swab, and promise to bring in a urine sample too. My first thought when feeling rough was that it was the cancer, and Rob at first sign of a fever understandably thought it was coronavirus but, of course, there are other illnesses beyond what out current personal obsessions might come up with. 

I give thanks my shoulder/upper arm has been a lot less sore following a lot less manual activity lately. I've even been able to sleep on that side which has been very welcome. I give thanks I feel up to chopping a few veg tonight instead of just buttering crackers, heating fish fingers or scrambling egg. For sparing a thought for several other folk I know having their own difficult days in various ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics