Thursday 10 June 2021

Shakespearean

I give thanks for waking up this morning feeling rather different, in an improved sort of way. I'd felt particularly rough the evening and night before so this was particularly welcome. For enjoying a deliciously lazy afternoon after a snoozy morning...and even eating some food! To add to the comfort I left my phone off so the hospital couldn't call and tell me how ill I was, and I was grateful I did because when I turned it back on they'd been trying to do just that.

I give thanks for negotiating delaying attendance for some treatment until tomorrow morning, so I might avoid an overnight stay...and for gathering a few essentials in case I don't. For Peter managing to rearrange his schedule so he can whisk me over there.

I give thanks for a pleasing rather random selection of recorded TV episodes - Sewing Bee, Antiques Roadtrip and a Christmas QI. Also for seeing a new series of Hotel Inspector is starting. I'd wondered whether this would be something they'd struggle to make now, and wonder whether Alex will be inspecting their Covid prevention practices as well as decor, facilities and exterior charm... Most of all though I give thanks for Hamnet, a gloriously enthralling read and so very beautifully written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics