Friday 11 June 2021

Deranged

Apparently the phrase for liver malfunction is deranged. I give thanks this also perfectly  describes my mental state from all the waiting and debating and endless chatter and noise. For eventual success in getting cannula in and blood out for testing though it involved two staff and five rather painful holes. I have to have dialysis tomorrow as I missed it today and the charming young renal doctor who came to discuss arrangements promised me they'll take the next lot of blood at the same time through my far more co-operative fistula arrangements. Mind you charming young men will tell you anything won't they? 

I give thanks I'm on some meds which should help, and finally have a bed as I've run out of fight to run for home. I'm grateful it's on a cancer ward as they tend to have a more tender pace, and is in a corner with, so far, no one opposite or beside me. For sight of a little patch of garden through the window behind me. I could probably climb through it if the need arose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics