Sunday 6 June 2021

Auditory

I take pride in 'listening to my body' so why I decided to override its very clear instructions last night, I'm not quite sure. Maybe because I know that bodies can murmur some unhelpful lies about the wisdom of more chocolate or chips or gin? So I chivvied it to ingest some food it really didn't want to...and was very grateful when I had a bowl to hand not long afterwards when it sent it back!

I give thanks today I've managed to eat a few mouthfuls here and there of items it's given grudging approval to.

I give thanks for hearing the Red Arrows fly over and the steam train whistling as it passed. Though I was way too settled on the sofa to see either the sounds sparked memories of the feeling when I have. For Fargo and the French Open to watch instead...and for managing to make occasional small inroads into some of the chaos and chores in between these and the relief of naps. 

I give thanks for the sun coming out later in the day for those enjoying the tall end of their half term. For enjoying fresh air and birdsong through my open window...and someone having a shouty sweary rant which amused me more than it probably should have. For Jo posting a photo on Facebook reminding me of a fab week we had in beautiful astonishingly unspoilt parts of Menorca. There were eagles soaring over us as we quested for archaeological sites...and farmhouse cheese from a farm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics