Tuesday 15 June 2021

Liverish

I give thanks for bloods passing muster to try home steroid treatment with copious monitoring next. It's not going to be fun but it's got to be better than the option I've just been through, or going in each day for another intravenous dose. I give thanks once again they haven't quite managed to kill me in the course of tinkering with what they've  long admitted is incurable anyway. Apart from accepting their attempts to fix what's broken I'll be politely declining any other intervention or investigation for a while. If I want liver failure there's more fun ways to get it I believe...but honestly if you ever worry you're hammering yours too hard, trust me you do not want to go where I've just been, and please please do take care. 

So, I'm so grateful to be home after an anxious wait to see if meds delivery from the pharmacy could serendipitously arrive in a gap in my favourite taxi driver's schedule. For everything still gleaming from Michelle's Friday visit...and, if I can't make it to the Co op for supplies, for my box of build up snacks from the dieticians arriving while I was away, as nothing I had in that was fresh has survived of course. 

I give thanks my houseplants did survive however, having been genuinely more worried about them than myself. For the flowers they put in my bedroom to welcome me back! For Julie topping them up before her own hospital stay or that might well have not been the case...and for having her to swap horror fellow patient tales with from a few wards down the corridor. I give thanks her surgery seems to have gone just fine and she is on the mend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics