Thursday 17 June 2021

Combined

Yay, I give thanks for some decent sleep at last! The symptoms, stresses and steroids taken later in the day than recommended (as I have to have my blood cleaned first) are not a combination conducive to a healthy helping of zzzzzs!

For a cheery Sainsbury's driver bringing suitable convenience food for the other tricky combination of dietary restrictions, physical feebleness and - most important when you've not been eating - the vagaries of personal taste. For good bread in a shape and bake I can cut into slices, creamy coleslaw, Higgidy not at all porky pies and, as yet untried but waiting for supper when I'm ready to move again, smoked haddock chowder... 

For the palm trees in the park across the road suddenly all abloom with their creamy bouquets of blossom. For the way a hard card of cellulose becomes a sponge when wet...and for managing some washing up! For Mima offering to get some shopping if required, and take me out for a restorative change of scene when I'm a tad more mobile. 

Most of all I give thanks for phone triage after yesterday's blood results revealing swapping from intravenous treatment to oral has not slowed recovery as they thought it might, but actually at the moment I'm getting better more quickly than expected. As I slowly return to feeling human, it's nice to be reminded I can be a rather remarkable one now and then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics