Monday 28 June 2021

Serving

I give thanks I've had a lot to be grateful for today! For master plan of delivery of goodies to Julie en route to the scenic route to the city going, well, according to master plan!  So good to see her doing so well, and to receive an automatic lighter she keeps meaning to give me as my thumbs can't work the cigarette sort any more and my fingers fumble with matches. For the stunning views - enhanced by the alternately stormy and summery light. 

For arriving at the hospital early enough to raid the cafe before heading to the unit, so that I was watching tennis while munching a yoghurt topped flapjack when the tea trolley came round soon after. For Wimbledon returned at last. Made me quite emotional to be back with the purple and green! For court rooves (I'm a traditionalist. What next? Loafs?) so rain didn't stop all the play. And for new remote controls recently provided so I could switch at will between the offerings on BBC1 and 2.
 
For an early release on request after my stoma bag threatened an early release of its own, and a lovely HCA I rarely encounter who lives not far from me. We might see each other in town she said, and I replied we wouldn't recognise each other without our masks...so we showed each other our faces and we it's true we wouldn't have done! For much mirth with Peter in the taxi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics