Friday 18 June 2021

Worrying

Wow... I made it to the very well stocked 'farm' shop! They even had the only cottage cheese worth eating - yum yum. I'm so pleased with myself and proud, as not only do I need to overcome the physical weakness and wobbles, but if I avoid the outside world for too long I can get mentally wobbly about venturing out as well. For a cooler cloudy morning so the pavements weren't too packed, and there were empty seats along the way for little rests as required. For burying my nose in the sweetness of honeysuckle and feasting my eyes on the wildflower beds. 

I give thanks for a good day on the unit,  even managing a little nap. For my indignation fading after realising Mel, the unit sister, had said she'd told other staff I was a warrior not a worrier! For her reminding me to eat pretty much whatever I want over the next week or two as calories are more important than fretting about their source. Happy to oblige 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics