Tuesday 8 June 2021

Foolish

I give thanks for Clive coming to do a few manly chores about the place. No not the kitchen...but he's done a more detailed assessment of what he's going to do when he does. I was grateful for other odd jobs though like putting up a mirror and some hooks that have not been hanging around you might say. Also attaching an extension lead to the wall so it's much easier to use. I give thanks he went to the Co op for me too, not least because when we opened the long neglected jar of instant coffee granules they'd turned solid and blueish as they do if you keep them for rare visitors. For his company and conversation, and sharing some memories of our friendship. 

It's been really hard to think of anything I might want to eat or even drink today, and passing fancies have been and gone before passing my lips sometimes. I don't want to be going to a lot of wasted effort either so I give thanks for one plan going well - liquidising some tinned peaches with Oatly custard to make a sort of fool. I've not had much but every little helps to keep me keeping on. 

I'm aware my body might be simply shutting down now after all its battles, and I'm grateful I'm OK with this possibility. Feel free to mock me if I turn out to be wrong of course...I'm open to happier outcomes too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics