Saturday 24 July 2021

Limp

I give thanks they didn't lie about the lightning! So often weather 'warnings' seem to be exaggerated or just plain wrong, but I'd so been looking forward to a storm and though I spent a lot of the evening and night asleep, and was grateful for the rest, waking up at intervals and watching the flashes over the sea while the wild wind raged was a most enjoyable end to yesterday. 

I give thanks for feeling considerably better this morning, though in no way moved to move around a great deal and feeble enough to be content to stick to my original plan of a couple of days relaxing and recharging after a busy week or two. Solitude was part of this scheme but I was willing to forgo a couple of hours of that for Clive coming round to do a planning and prep work session for the kitchen of course! For shifting some part made mosaic projects from the spare room to the dining table out of his way leading to a little bit of progress with those this afternoon in between various forms of idleness and inactivity. For another successful non-standard use of the Quorn bacon rejected by Jo and Keith. Apparently if you grill or fry it according to the instructions on the packet it turns out like cardboard...but in a sauce or scrambled eggs it stays flavoursome but edibly limp. I give thanks sometimes limp is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics