Thursday 29 July 2021

Reduced

I give thanks for making it through a difficult night. There are things in my body that are definitely not as they should be, which isn't news of course but I prefer it when they are down in the small print somewhere not making the headlines! For it being a non hospital day today, and already scheduled to be spent quietly at home, so I could give myself the gentlest sort of treatment... 

I give thanks for lots of rest and reading, snoozing, snacking... and, as some thoughtful soul has uploaded it to YouTube again, watching a couple more episodes of old favourite Crocodile Shoes. When it first aired I was living in a hovel in the mid Wales hills and, despite the fuzzy picture on the TV, early 90s London came across as quite sophisticated whereas now it seems so quaint...like when a character had to find out about someone and said 'Give us a couple of hours'!

I give thank for making a start at sewing some new face masks so I could enjoy the feeling of being useful and productive, before stopping as not enjoying the pain. I give thanks they are still  much in evidence around here as I hear it's not the case in other areas and, over and above any virus transmission reduction, they reduce the time my steroid face is on display.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics