Monday 5 July 2021

Dysfunctional

I give thanks, despite being cross eyed tired and certainly not functioning as well as I could be, the mishaps and difficulties that have littered the day have not been down to me. For trying to deal with the various situations as philosophically and practically  as possible...reminding myself a broken TV and a blood soaked t - shirt are not much to complain about in a hospital day, and that the despite the slowest moving traffic we still made it home in time for an urgent trip to the loo and my dose of those pesky wakefulness causing steroids.

I give thanks for taking some recycling down to the bins this morning so there was a carrier bag handy to wrap my manky sleeve in, and get my cardigan safely on top, as it seemed very chilly when the heavens opened... For abandoning my usual no caffeine after six rule and making a mug of tea to cheer and warm myself up... For cracking open a pack of yesterday's bargain biscuits (Hobnob creams - yum yum!) even though there were plenty already in the tin, and even putting a heater on for a bit. For rain in SW19 too so only two matches to keep an eye on while I quickly create something nourishing and nurturing for my supper. I give thanks for taking care of myself as well as I can even when not as well as I could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics