Sunday 1 August 2021

Brassy

I give thanks for daintily tinted clouds at both sunset and sunrise...and that I'm not a puzzled shepherd, though to be fair the weather has been both nice and nasty! For dramatic clouds, warm sunshine and not getting as wet as I might have done in between. 

For going out after dark last night to admire the recently fitted lights along the sea wall. For the sight of couples holding hands and the sound of a band playing live in a local pub...it's nice to know romance and revelry still exist! For going on a short bus ride in daylight today to visit an institution of a cafe soon to close...plus some shops I was sure would be open for stuff I needed but weren't. For a two part snack lunch with Mima - the first pleasantly savoury, the second excessively sweet as so many cakes and biscuits seem to be these days. We are gradually compiling a list of places not to go back to due to their sickly offerings so I give we live in an area where new ones pop up and old ones change hands regularly, so there's still plenty of baking to try. 

I give thanks for also mostly avoiding hearing the brass band concert in the park here. A tune or two is fine by me but hours at a time of any music you haven't personally chosen can be a tad irritating. For my hands allowing me a little more craft activity along with the necessary chores...and working on this tissue box cover for my living room in shades of copper and verdigris. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics