Wednesday 25 August 2021

Deserving

I wish I knew what I'd done to deserve today...so I know not to do it again! For nothing major going wrong, and all minor mishaps and delays either rectifiable or putuppable with... For reminding myself (sometimes through gritted teeth!) they were all very much first world problems. 

For plenty of time in the sunshine...waiting for late running buses. For a lousy night's sleep so that even though I had a machine that made a noise like an alarm was going off (but wasn't) all through treatment I did manage to put an Insight Timer yoga nidra on and snooze through some of the afternoon. For Jo and Keith bringing my emergency keys when - an hour late due other issues - I arrived outside without my own, that I had definitely left home with and put in one of those proverbial safe places. I can even remember which one! I give thanks that other items that disappeared earlier - bus pass and Walkman - eventually revealed themselves but  I've shaken everything upside down (almost including myself!) and my door keys have clearly left home...

For finding the delayed pill that rolled under the sofa, and for an almost instant dinner already planned. For my ancient TV box slowly creaking back into life and finding myself part way through a programme on staycations. Lovely to see some favourite scenic spots and helpful to hear the horrendous prices charged, plus   difficulties with staffing and cleanliness so I don't feel so bad I can't go. For a pleasant evening for the tourists here. They sound quite mellow for a change - I hope they're having fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics