Thursday 12 August 2021

Extreme

I've been extremely grateful for the opportunity to take (most of) it lying down today, as my weariness and achiness has been off the scale. For being able to abandon pretty much all I had planned, and feeling way too feeble to care. 

For the fog in the morning creeping down from higher ground which always stirs memories of when there's higher altitudes hidden above, mountains out of sight behind the low cloud. For the murkiness and drizzle reminding me yesterday I was looking over holiday park hedges with some envy at the concept of families on holiday, but circumstances mean they might not always be happy campers even with their cars, caravans and tents. For the valiant British determination to don macs and eat ice cream eventually winning through, and the sunshine eventually shining.

For making it to the kitchen a few times, once down the stairs to collect my post but principally just to the sofa... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics